Economics majors may, of course, apply for any general scholarship that the university offers. There are, however, a number of scholarships which you are more likely to get if you are an economics major.
To learn more about our scholarships and how to apply, contact Dr. Robert Tatum at email@example.com.
Many of these scholarships and awards have been donated by our generous graduates. Alumni and friends of the Economics Department who wish to contribute should contact Dr. Robert Tatum at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about some of the alumni who have donated.
- David W. Berson and James F. Smith Scholarship (at least $750 per year). Awarded on the basis of academic merit and/or financial need. Funds for this scholarship are compliments of David W. Berson and James F. Smith.
- Economics Alumni Scholarships (multiple, at least $500 per year). Awarded on the basis of academic achievement, service to the campus and/or community and financial need.
- Joseph Reiner Scholarship in Memory of David Reiner (1983, about $1,000 per year). Awarded on the basis of academic achievement and financial need with special consideration given to students who are employed while attending college. Funds for this scholarship are compliments of Joseph Reiner.
The department makes the following awards each year. Each comes with a check due to the generosity of alumni and friends of the department.
- Outstanding Performance Award (at least $200). For best overall performance in economics.
- Keith and Kevin Davis Outstanding Research Award (at least $200). For best paper in Economics 480. Funds for this award are compliments of Keith and Kevin Davis (1997).
- Dana Zimmerman Service Award (at least $200). For the economics major who best exemplifies service to the school and the community. Funds for this award are compliments of Cynthia Roberts (1991).
- David Reiner Awards (2 of at least $200). Two awards for students who excelled in economics and were employed while in college. Preference given to students from the WNC area. Funds for this award are compliments of David Reiner (1983).